- I am getting a new set of (non-Albus-twinkly) lights sent to me for my bedroom.
- I had a 'quiz' on multiple intelligences during the 'workshop' training thing we had today. I remembered 8 out of 7 of them (no, I didn't write that incorrectly; I remembered more than I was supposed to, apparently, although there are now 9 or something).
- I had to write an incident report because my student endearingly called me 'idiot' the other day. (Her tone and intent were not mean; she used it much the way I would with my family, which is a sort of "you're doing something silly/stupid but I love you for it".) Trying to deal with it delicately and get across that the language is unacceptable, that her impact was different from her intent, but still acknowledge that she was trying to express her appreciation--which I appreciate--even if she needs to be more aware of her language. (She spends a lot of time around adults. She's a snarky and brilliant and I love her.)
- Homework time was way less hectic. And I had a volunteer to help me. Yay.
- Marshmallows are sticky. Toothpicks are annoying. Next time, perhaps, gumdrops and coffee stirrers.
- Going to the gym is exhausting. I forgot that my arms have weight of their own; now I am very well aware. I had never been to the gym--to actually use it--in my entire life. Here's to trying.
- I need to get back on the time management horse before she leaves the stables again. I feel behind on absolutely everything. And tired a lot. But that is no excuse! Back to to-do-lists and making myself stick to them, at least enough that I get some stuff done while also having fun.
Now I may (as in, am permitted to) sleep. Three day weekend coming up. Pet/house-sitting each night of it from 7pm-7am, but that's not like doing it straight on through. Plus they have Netflix and a queue of lesbian flicks. And I love their dogs. And their bed is brilliant. And they're two of my favourite lesbians--they met at a softball game because one of them was dressed in a leopard-print leotard.
But most importantly: three days of weekend!
Please come to me, my dear friend. Let us become well acquainted.
[Crossposted from dreamwidth.]