- Woke up at 10.30 - an hour and a half before I had to wake up. On a Thursday morning. I was shocked. Usually I would just re-set the alarm and grab more sleep.
- Jo picked me up, which was a pleasant surprise.
- CJ sat with others and looked back at me occasionally. For the first time, I don't feel guilty about a blip in a friendship: I sent multiple apologies for 'ditching' her by not being in her groups even though she had never expressed the issue before and offered to try to make it up to her. If she doesn't want to respond, I'll just give her space and see where she wants to go from there. Sulky vague Facebook messages are weird.
- Lecture was everything we've covered before with frequent Wiki screenshots and links. I watched Jojobird play Solitaire on her iPod.
- Fascinating film essentially on science communication. It made me think about my dissertation and what I could want to do with my life - that step between peer-reviewed hard science and the lay world. It's a step that is so often missed and leads to this sensationalistic science.
- Jojobird gave me a skirt and earrings that she had decided she didn't want any more, but knew I would like. (: She drove me to the road by my house but the cash machine wasn't working so I decided not to buy chips and sauce.
- I swung on the swings by my house singing Zoë Lewis' "Write Me a Letter" on repeat, catering to my joyous six-year-old self. I had this overwhelming feeling of 'it will all be alright' and I was so grateful.
- Spent the evening catching up on my email (20 more to go through) and tumblring. Made me smile.
- Made an actually good meal with spiced pasta and korma quorn. I was proud! And, thankfully, I made loads - so I don't have to cook again for a while! Yay lazy.
- Lora told me that my goal to 'put more effort into feeling and looking better' has been working out. She was quite emphatic on this. That makes me super happy, since she's someone who really cares about appearances.
- Someone with "Goethean Science" on Google Alert was led to my page! So I'll see if I can respond to that tomorrow; tonight I'm too tired and really must be headed off to sleep.
- Today was a good day.
9am lecture tomorrow. Really ought to be headed off to sleep. But then it gets to be the weekend, which is absolutely lovely. (:
You'll be with me like a hand print on my heart.