Kiwi Crocus (cranky__crocus) wrote,
Kiwi Crocus

What I Learned

So it's two in the morning.
At 10 Toast sent a call my way. I silenced my phone and rolled over.
At 11 Toast sent a call my way. I silenced my phone and rolled over.
That pattern continued until one, when I silenced my phone and rolled out of bed.
I was on the computer until three when Toast sent a call my way.
I collected Jason and went to pick up Amanda; I thought it was merely a pick up.
We went to Dunkin Donuts and she bought us drinks so she could flirt with the girl she likes there.
We went to Savers and bought me a coat and goofed around.
We went to Wendy's and ate. Toast gave me my present, which is a rainbow paper globe thing that I will put up in my room in England, as well as a recycled-paper journal and some glittery gel pens.
We went to Snoopy and Toast gave her the present--a purple piggy bank "for the Jew."
We went to the Outlet mall so J could try on jeans at his store, Guess. T and I discussed how quickly lesbians seem to shop for clothes compared to gayboy J. He took forever checking every pair of jeans with all his colleagues.
We visited Snoopy at Aero and spent lots of time there, J once again trying on loads of different shirts and questioning everyone on which ones he should purchase.
He decided he wanted to go to Taco Bell so we journeyed over to Taco Bell. It was then decided, nawr, we wanted D'Anbgelos.
We listened to Avenue Q and it was ridiculously cute.
Finally we went home.

J, T and Dweeb stayed downstairs playing Guitar Hero World Tour.
I came upstairs and watched a little Melinda and Melinda.
I set up a system to start writing my sermonette in my new journal.
Went downstairs, played a few rounds on Guitar Hero as guitar and then as vocals.
We watched Blade and admired Jessica Beals (sp).
I did quite a bit of my sermonette.
We went to drive J home and then he realized no one was home and that frightened him (it's a scary house), so I offered to put him up. T was already staying.
Now they're downstairs on the couch getting to sleep because J has work tomorrow at 11, I'm driving him before I go to work and he'll just be early; T hasn't slept in 24 hours since she had work at 2 a.m. yesterday.
Now I'm finally upstairs about to type up what I've thus far written, then finish, print and then practice to make sure it's six minutes. Always plenty to cut.
It shouldn't be too bad.
Carol the minister doesn't write her sermons until 3-8 in the morning on the Sundays.
It's 2 a.m. My muse is awake now anyway. I would be awake on any break night at this time, even waking up at nine the "next" morning.
So this isn't new to me. I can nap with T after service.

Tomorrow this will be off my mind, then.
It sort of makes me sheepishly smile to know that I even procrastinated my sermonette on "what I learned at college"--given my major lesson at college was, "don't procrastinate."
Guess it reminds me that someone can grasp the moral of a story without following through, huh?
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.