Comment on this post and I will choose seven interests from your profile.
You will then explain what they mean and why you are interested in them. Post this along with your answers in your own journal so that others can play along.
Gangked from fey_spirit
- That would come from my more vampiric phases, but those have never really stopped. I like blood. I like the color against pale or dark skin, I like the idea that it’s our sort of “life elixir,” and yes I even like the taste. I enjoy thinking that it can be both spiritual—used in rituals and the like—but also impersonal, as with my operations. That it doesn’t HAVE to mean anything that I lost so much blood and almost needed a transfusion. I like the idea of proteins, and that not all blood enjoys its kin—that some will destroy others depending on protein. Just all the things like that. I also think the thought of vampires is incredibly sexy.Circle of Magic
- Wow I have brought this up a lot lately. It’s Tammy’s first Emelan series with Daja, Sandry, Tris, and Briar for students and Frostpine, Lark, Niko, Rosethorn, and Sometimes Crane for Dedicate teachers. They are my comfort books. They’re easy to read and easy to pick through to find parts that I want to read. I know when I open the book that I’ll find comfort with the characters and the settings, and that I take great joy and hope in the fact that one of the main characters turned out gay in the later book. I have my own fanfiction on my computer that I read through sometimes. It calms me.Comic Books
- By that I basically mean manga, but a lot of people don’t know manga and just think of them as comic books. Mainly Toast is the Comic Book Captain. I enjoy my few here and there. I didn’t even know I had this on my interest list. Interesting! (And manga is basically Japanese comic books, read “backwards” to us Westerners but it’s normal to them and that’s happy, and the art is often very beautiful or unique and mostly in black-and-white.)Duct Tape
- Ah, duct tape. Duct tape fixes everything. There are so many neat phrases for it, too. I have made wallets, sandals, pencil cases, bags, and an assortment of other things out of duct tape. I have had things made for me. My friend dork_tape
--even her name is duct tapey—made a pair of pants. I used to sit at home watching movies and making duct tape things. My altar cloth for a while wasn’t even cloth, it was a duct tape sheet. Nifty actually, because even if the top wasn’t sticky as in glue-sticky, duct tape is very grippy so nothing fell over or was moved around accidentally. I love duct tape!Lesbian Music
- Well, that one is somewhat self-explanatory. I enjoy quite a lot of music made for/by lesbians. Melissa Etheridge, Melissa Ferrick, I believe Amy Carol Webb, Ani DiFranco (although she’s bi), Girlyman (more Queer music), Patty Larkin (loooove her stuff), Tegan and Sara, Zoe Lewis, and many more. A lot of them are pretty folky. I just enjoy hearing lesbians sing and being able to relate, or hearing songs about lesbians. Or other forms of queerness that I also fully appreciate.Rosethorn
- She’s the character I identify with/love most from Circle of Magic. She got me through my hard times of hip surgeries and all that. She guided me towards plants, where I was happiness. She led to my immediate approval and respect of Watsonii. She has been a strong voice in my head since I first met her in the book. She is a character very close to my heart. In some ways, I am looking for my Lark.♀♀
- I was very Gay Pridey when I wrote up my interests. I liked having symbols in them, and this was one of the symbols I found, so I put it into mine. Being a lesbian, it worked. I think it’s cute.
In other news, I want a Margay icon. And at some point I will give my other other news.