- 1) Batwoman, Vol. 2: To Drown the World by J.H. Williams III, W. Haden Blackman, Amy Reeder (Illustrator), Trevor McCarthy (Illustrator), Rob Hunter (Illustrator), Pere Pérez (Illustrator), Richard Friend (Illustrator) . **
2) Runaways, Volume 5: Escape to New York by Brian K. Vaughan. ***
3) Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe by Jeremy Greenberg. ***
4) Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson. ****
5) Flying by Miriam English/miriam_e. ****
6) Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan LeFanu. ***
7) Desert of the Heart by Jane Rule. ***
8) Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg. *****
9) Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. ****
10) The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. ****
11) Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. ****
12) Real Man Adventures by T. Cooper. **
13) Blue Is the Warmest Color by Julie Maroh. ***
14) The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead. ****
15) Wil Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. ***
15) Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3 by Naoko Takeuchi and translated by William Flanagan. ***
16) Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Adrian Alphona. ****
17) Batwoman, Vol. 3: World's Finest by written by J.H. Williams III (also illustrator), W. Haden Blackman (Writer), Trevor McCarthy. *****
18) The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters. ****
19) Return to Peyton Place by Grace Metalious. ***
20) The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. ****
21) Ash by Malinda Lo. ****
22) Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter by Simone de Beauvoir; translated by James Kirkup. *****
23) Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead. ****
24) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. **
25) Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. **
26) Terrier by Tamora Pierce. ***** [Reread]
27) The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin. ****
28) Billy Budd, Sailor by Herman Melville. **
29) 365 Tao: Daily Meditations by Ming-Dao Deng. ***
30) The Warrior's Path (When Warriors Were Women, #1) by Catherine M. Wilson.
31) The Female Man by Joanna Russ. ****
32) The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise by Matthew Crow. **
33) The Last Nude by Ellis Avery. ****
34) Orlando by Virginia Woolf. *****
35) The Book of Salt by Monique Truong. ***
36) Bloodchild and Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler. *****
37) Patience & Sarah by Isabel Miller. *****
The Wild Girls (suggestion from Shaya).
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (suggestion from Attiya).
Ahab's Wife: The Star-Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund (suggestion from Shaya).
This is All: The Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn by Aidan Chambers (suggestion from Shaya).
Circle the Soul Softly by Davida Wills Hurwin (suggestion from Shaya).
The Highest Tide: A Novel by Jim Lynch (suggestion from Shaya).
The Other Side of Paradise by Staceyann Chin.
I'll Scream Later by Marlee Matlin.
The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk.
Anastasia by Vladimir Megre.
Daughter of the Forest by Juliette Maurillier.
Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger.
Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Appassionata by Jilly Cooper.
Score by Jilly Cooper.
The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous by Jilly Cooper.
The Red Tent by Anita Diamont (one of Mary McDonnell's favourites)
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (suggested my Mr. Dufault; Mary's favourite)
Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel (suggested by ravingglory)
The Highest Frontier by Joan Slonczewski (suggested by ravingglory)
Trouble with Lichen by John Wyndham. (Suggested by miriam_e)
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. (Suggested by miriam_e)
The Chrysalids by John Wyndham. (Suggested by miriam_e)
Consider Her Ways by John Wyndham. (Suggested by miriam_e)
[Crossposted from dreamwidth.]
Current Location: Kiwi's Cupboard Over the Stairs.
Current Music: Unforgettable - Nat King Cole